Have you ever looked at your teeth in the mirror and wondered why it’s looking dull? If yes, you’re not alone. Many people out there are worried about their discoloring teeth and are trying various home remedies to get rid of stains. But most of these remedies don’t give the desired results. Luckily, there’s a simple dental teeth whitening treatment that can remove your stains.
American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has stated that teeth whitening is the second most requested dental treatment in America, next to root canal dental treatments. This treatment can even turn teeth that look like a row of corn into bright, stain-free ones.
Here are a few reasons for why teeth whitening is the most effective method to remove stains:
- Some food, like soda, wine, coffee, and more stick to your teeth, staining it. Smoking and alcohol also discolor your teeth. A teeth whitening treatment can help you get rid of these stains. After a whitening treatment, you must avoid smoking, alcohol, and other stain-inducing food to maintain the color of your teeth.
- If you are trying to give up smoking teeth whitening is the best option. Sometimes while going for a smoking cessation treatment, you’d find it stressful and hard going to control yourselves. Having your teeth whitened is a great way to quit smoking because you’d think twice before staining your teeth with smoke.
- In the case of special occasions, like a wedding, a job interview, class reunion, and even your first date you can’t afford to lose your fun and confidence. Yellow teeth can be embarrassing and cut down the fun you’re entitled to have. Having your teeth whitened will help make your special occasions even superior.
- Your self-esteem and confidence are your greatest assets. You don’t have to let your teeth give away your self-esteem. Get them whitened to boost your confidence and carry yourselves with pride.
- The natural aging process will cause teeth discoloration or yellowing of teeth. Your teeth will eventually lose its gleam and start looking unhealthy and old. But you don’t have to accept this natural process. You can very well whiten your teeth to improve its color and bring back the gleam to it.
- If you’re thinking that teeth whitening is going to be a painful process, then you’re absolutely wrong. Teeth whitening is done by applying a hydrogen peroxide paste on your teeth and UV rays are shined on your teeth. This doesn’t affect your gums or teeth and there are no surgical procedures involved.
- Teeth whitening can give you better oral hygiene. In addition to regular brushing and flossing of teeth, the nature of the teeth and acids in the mouth will give rise to teeth discoloration. You can get them whitened once in a while to maintain good oral hygiene.
Eventually, your happiness and joy depend on your health. Make sure you have a good physical and dental health to make the most out of your life. If you feel good, you smile and share the happiness with others. Get your teeth whitened and keep spreading smiles!